Born in Izegem (Belgium) in 1980, graduated from the Medical School at the University of Ghent (Belgium) in 2006.
- Training in General Surgery at AZ St-Jan Bruges (Belgium), at the AZ Maria Middelares Hospital Ghent, at University Hospital Ghent and at Albert Schweitzer Hospital Dordrecht (The Netherlands): 2006-2012
- Training in Bariatric Surgery by dr Bruno Dillemans (AZ St-Jan Bruges) and in Gastro-intestinal Surgery at University Hospital of Antwerp (Belgium) and University Hospital of Ghent: 2012-2014
- Certification of Acute Medicine (2007) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (2011)
- Certification of robot training Xi da Vinci (2017)
- Since March 2019 consultant Esophageal Surgery In University Hospital Ghent
Currently working as surgeon in the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Maria Middelares Hospital in Ghent, with a specific focus in Bariatric, Upper Gastro-Intestinal and Colon Surgery.
- Member of scientific committee of BARIA-link (linking experts on Bariatric Surgery)
- Member of RBSS (Royal Belgian Society for Surgery), EAES (European Association for Endoscopic Surgery), EHS (European Hernia Society) and BSSO (Belgian Society for Surgical Oncology).
- Collaboration at the several ESCP (European Society of Coloproctology) snapshot audits, at the EAES consensus meeting for Guidelines about appendicitis and systematic review of literature of Obesity Surgery and concomitant Abdominal Wall Hernia Repair (OSCAR)